You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Bitefight EN. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

AlexYs

n00b ™

• "AlexYs" started this thread

Date of registration: May 4th 2009

Monday, November 7th 2011, 8:08pm

[Discussion-Thread] Changelog v2.4.5

Hi,

This is the official discussion thread for the [Speedservers] Update to v2.4.5 - 10.11.2011

Please keep it polite according to the board rules. Wishing you all an interesting discussion. :)

Kind regards,
Your Bitefight team

Board-Rules | Game-Rules | Support System
[22:15] <OJava-_> hii
[22:15] <OJava-_> i just completed bite fight
[22:15] <OJava-_> i so own

nenaddnd

Forgotten one

Date of registration: Nov 7th 2011

Monday, November 7th 2011, 10:24pm

hmmm let's see

after talents and aspeckte we have Orb-System is this really necessary?
reading a new update more I have an impression that this game became only for players who use hellstones, but that's wrong in commercial for this game write that this is game for free... and after all, can you still claim that?

gdevil

Demon

Date of registration: Feb 23rd 2009

Monday, November 7th 2011, 10:28pm

the orbs seem to be the major change in this new update
so i will try to make some yes/no questions in order for someone who knows to answer them (if possible)
1) one can have as many orbs as his domicile level
2) those orbs will not take space in the inventory
3) out of all the orbs one has, maximum 4 can be active at the same time
4)the orbs will give random effects (i see in the explanatory images two same orbs (angry orb of might) which give different effects)
5) the more fragments used to create an orb the effects will be bigger and the chance to succeed in the orb creation are higher
6) using more than 100 fragments is useless
7) using 100 fragments AND HS will make the orb stronger than just using 100 fragments
8 ) using more fragments also makes the duration effect of the orb bigger
9) the price for selling orbs at the market will be set freely by the players (... wishfull thinking.. )
10) there is no way u can get a fragment by winning weaker players (weaker means having lower level?? lower battle value??)

thx in advance for anyone who will care to answer if this can be done
I expect Nothing. I fear Nothing. I am FREE

Kazantzakis

WolfHunter

Forgotten one

• "WolfHunter" has been banned

Date of registration: Oct 24th 2009

Tuesday, November 8th 2011, 4:27am

this exciting change time when it come to normal server?

Xastain

Crazy ™ Dude ®

Date of registration: Jan 22nd 2010

Tuesday, November 8th 2011, 8:09am

I will attempt to answer as good as I can, in gold and inside the quotes, to make it easier to discern what I am answering.

Talents and Aspects have only so far as they will take you, seeing that they are restricted to:

1. Talents - the amount of Talent Points you have available to spend, depending on the number of talents you wish to activate.
2. Aspects - the amount of Aspect Points you have available to spend, depending on which aspects you choose to enhance and up to which level you are allowed to do that.

reading a new update more I have an impression that this game became only for players who use hellstones, but that's wrong in commercial for this game write that this is game for free... and after all, can you still claim that?
The game is free to play. If you decide to take the free route there are some benefits that you won't have. If you choose to add some/all benefits (which are premium features), you pay for that. Sweet & short. ;)

the orbs seem to be the major change in this new update
so i will try to make some yes/no questions in order for someone who knows to answer them (if possible)

Please know that I cannot guarantee all of the answers at this stage, as I know only as much as the information that our CoMa, kveldulf, has released to the Community.

1) one can have as many orbs as his domicile level
Yes, you can have as many as your available domicile slots allow.

2) those orbs will not take space in the inventory
They will take up space in your inventory - I may be wrong, but what would be the purpose then of allowing you only the amount of space as your Domicile Level? I know that wasn't the way it was said, but I suspect that is how it will work.

3) out of all the orbs one has, maximum 4 can be active at the same time
Yes

4)the orbs will give random effects (i see in the explanatory images two same orbs (angry orb of might) which give different effects)
Yes

5) the more fragments used to create an orb the effects will be bigger and the chance to succeed in the orb creation are higher
Not necessarily. The orb will likely be more powerful if you use more fragments, but it won't necessarily be easier to create. I assume that will depend largely on the option used to create the orb.

6) using more than 100 fragments is useless
You won't be able to use more than 100 fragments.

7) using 100 fragments AND HS will make the orb stronger than just using 100 fragments
Not necessarily. I am not sure how using HS will affect the orb creation yet, other than that it might give you a 100% guarantee at successful orb creation. The exact properties and qualities of the orb will probably be determined by some random factor.

8 ) using more fragments also makes the duration effect of the orb bigger
I am not sure, but my logical guess would be a Yes, seeing that using more fragments will make the orb more powerful, it will probably also lengthen the period of the effect.

9) the price for selling orbs at the market will be set freely by the players (... wishfull thinking.. )
Hehehe! No. I seriously doubt it. ;)

10) there is no way u can get a fragment by winning weaker players (weaker means having lower level?? lower battle value??)
I suspect a definite "no".

thx in advance for anyone who will care to answer if this can be done

You're welcome. ;)

this exciting change time when it come to normal server?
Haha! Always one of the first questions to be asked. Everything will be tested fully on the Speed Server, before it will be deployed to other (normal) servers. As to if and when that will happen... rest assured that you'll know when we know. ;)

Sed ipse Spiritus postulat pro nobis, gemitibus inenarrabilibus

SilverFox

Forgotten one

Date of registration: Jun 21st 2011

Tuesday, November 8th 2011, 11:20am

The domicile isn't large enough to hold 100 fragments. Will there be an exclusive place to hold them?
My Vampire: BloodFusion

Sh0b0

jamestasy

Date of registration: Nov 24th 2007

Tuesday, November 8th 2011, 12:20pm

You can hold AS MANY FRAGMENTS as you want.
Just not the orbs. They will be limited by the domicile level. You can gather 10000 orb fragments and not make one single orb.

Xastain

Crazy ™ Dude ®

Tuesday, November 8th 2011, 12:28pm

The domicile isn't large enough to hold 100 fragments. Will there be an exclusive place to hold them?
I suspect that the amount of fragments will be remembered/stored in the database somewhere, like with your Hell Stones or your current gold. Individual fragments will not take up space on your inventory - however, as mentioned earlier, I suspect that the orbs will, once they have been created. :)

- edit: sorry Sh0b0 - I didn't see your post. Not 100% sure about the numbers yet, but I agree with what Sh0b0 said. ^^

skulltrail

Damned Soul

Date of registration: Jul 29th 2010

Occupation: cisco networks architect engineer & lead programmer

Tuesday, November 8th 2011, 2:06pm

a full list with all possible orbs would be helpful... :dead:

nenaddnd

Forgotten one

Date of registration: Nov 7th 2011

Tuesday, November 8th 2011, 5:01pm

Talents and Aspects have only so far as they will take you, seeing that they are restricted to:

1. Talents - the amount of Talent Points you have available to spend, depending on the number of talents you wish to activate.
2. Aspects - the amount of Aspect Points you have available to spend, depending on which aspects you choose to enhance and up to which level you are allowed to do that.

The game is free to play. If you decide to take the free route there are some benefits that you won't have. If you choose to add some/all benefits (which are premium features), you pay for that. Sweet & short.
you know what, you don't tell me is that necessary? Why you want to complicates this game? It's too muich, when I mention aspekts and talents I just want to tell you that this game is already complex and now we have orb sistem. What is next, what to expect in the next update and where is the end of that? We have update every month? No doubt that the team will found a way to earn some more money and that is only purpose of the new update and not just me there is many players who think the same thing.
Do you ever analysis of how players performed after each update left the game or perhaps this is not important to you?
You tell me that this game is still for free but you don't tell me now with new update to what are the benefits of players who use hellstones? Correct me if I'm wrong but with hellstones chance to succeed orb sistem is 100% but with out hellstones chance is only 25% and you want to tell me that this is correct, fair?
I tell you one more thing this Orb sistem bitefight team stolen from tanoth game, do you know that, because in that game there is orb sistem and does the same thing as this one which you want to give us in new update. I play many browser game but only here we have update every month, can you tell me why?

SilverFox

Forgotten one

Date of registration: Jun 21st 2011

Tuesday, November 8th 2011, 8:03pm

I found this list of the Orbs-

Aura->Transparency

Song->Negation Master

Rage->Pure power

Life->The Great Feast

>So if you have either of these talents, will these double the effect of them?

Personally, I like the challenges these updates pose. However, I have
always stated that the AP regen rate needs to be doubled for ALL
players, I just don't see how it will hurt GF's profit margin.
My Vampire: BloodFusion

benonai

Forgotten one

Date of registration: Oct 6th 2011

Wednesday, November 9th 2011, 12:11am

calm down... DONT TELL ME TO CALM DOWN! ;)

The game is free to play. If you decide to take the free route there are some benefits that you won't have. If you choose to add some/all benefits (which are premium features), you pay for that. Sweet & short.
you know what, you don't tell me is that necessary? Why you want to complicates this game? It's too muich, when I mention aspekts and talents I just want to tell you that this game is already complex and now we have orb sistem. What is next, what to expect in the next update and where is the end of that? We have update every month? No doubt that the team will found a way to earn some more money and that is only purpose of the new update and not just me there is many players who think the same thing.
Do you ever analysis of how players performed after each update left the game or perhaps this is not important to you?
You tell me that this game is still for free but you don't tell me now with new update to what are the benefits of players who use hellstones? Correct me if I'm wrong but with hellstones chance to succeed orb sistem is 100% but with out hellstones chance is only 25% and you want to tell me that this is correct, fair?
I tell you one more thing this Orb sistem bitefight team stolen from tanoth game, do you know that, because in that game there is orb sistem and does the same thing as this one which you want to give us in new update. I play many browser game but only here we have update every month, can you tell me why?
Umm, orb fragments are collected in all the same ways you normally collect gold and xp (man hunts, PvP, missions, story/adventures, and grotto fights) according to the update info there is NO way to use hellstones to get extra fragments. The only way hellstones affect orb creation is allowing you to guarantee production. Since production is normally a 25% event I guess you could say that premium players effectively get 4 times as many fragments as free players. That might seem like a big deal, but keep in mind two things:

1. Orb affects are temporary, even at level 300 they seem limited to 3 days MAX, most are more like 12-24 hours.
2. Many hellstone affects simply are not available to free players: premium items, metamorphosis stone, most potions, more than two missions per day, etc.

If every orb production required the use of hellstones that would be lame, but even then the affect would be limited (very similar to potions). However, EVERYONE gets to use orbs, premium players just get more of them, which is very much in keeping with the current game economy.

The only people who I can see quitting over this is people that were looking for excuse to quit anyway.

Wednesday, November 9th 2011, 12:26am

I see some negative postings about the orbs and asking why that is necessary. Well, actually the idea for orbs come in our forums at first, just the bonuses and ways of getting them is a bit different. Here is what was suggested.

Behave on s101 and s102! Those servers belong to me now =)

gdevil

Demon

Wednesday, November 9th 2011, 12:45pm

Xastain thx for your answers..
i guess when those orbs do appear we will be certain on the questions we were not sure (but i just wanted to have a heads up notice.. :) )
one thing i would like to say though is this.
those new orbs should NOT take up space from the inventory.
for all players it is difficult to raise gold for their new weapons so they stock up gear and then by selling it they raise the gold they need.
if orbs do take up space then it will be difficult to stock up gear for reseling
my thought is that those orbs should be limited according to the actual level of domicile.
if one has level 1 domicile then he can have one orb. if one has 8 or higher level domicile he can have 8 orbs.
just domicile level. not inventory open slots.
Edit: One other thing i would like to see changed is the "you will not loose any orb if loosing a battle from a weaker opponent." Personally i think that it would add some element of risk which is a good thing for the game if there would be a chance of loosing an orb when loosing a battle from a weaker opponent
anyway.
i guess we will c

Kazantzakis

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "gdevil" (Nov 9th 2011, 1:20pm)

Xastain

Crazy ™ Dude ®

Wednesday, November 9th 2011, 2:11pm

a full list with all possible orbs would be helpful... :dead:
Agreed, but I guess we would have to wait a wee bit longer for that one... almost there! ;)

[1] you know what, you don't tell me is that necessary? Why you want to complicates this game? It's too muich, when I mention aspekts and talents I just want to tell you that this game is already complex and now we have orb sistem. [2] What is next, what to expect in the next update and where is the end of that? [3] We have update every month? No doubt that the team will found a way to earn some more money and that is only purpose of the new update and not just me there is many players who think the same thing.
[4] Do you ever analysis of how players performed after each update left the game or perhaps this is not important to you?
[5] You tell me that this game is still for free but you don't tell me now with new update to what are the benefits of players who use hellstones? Correct me if I'm wrong but with hellstones chance to succeed orb sistem is 100% but with out hellstones chance is only 25% and you want to tell me that this is correct, fair?
[6] I tell you one more thing this Orb sistem bitefight team stolen from tanoth game, do you know that, because in that game there is orb sistem and does the same thing as this one which you want to give us in new update. [7] I play many browser game but only here we have update every month, can you tell me why?
[1] You know what? I told you that I think it is necessary when I said that Talents and Aspects can only take you so far. One player sees the system as complicated, while another might still think of it as way too simple. That depends on the perspective of the player. If you do not want to use the (free) Aspects or the (free) Talents, you can leave them, but I assure you that you will do so at your own peril, as other players will learn how they work and use them to better their characters, which some will also do with other new features and others won't.

[2] I honestly do not know what will be next, but there will be updates to the game as long as players share their ideas and needs. Most of the things that have been implemented, were suggested by communities from all over the world. I can honestly tell you that I have never been as excited about Bitefight as now.

[3] Please check the News Section - we do not have an update every month. The Team doesn't "find" ways to make more money - we are the helpers of Gameforge and we are at the service of you guys and girls - this community. Many a player will agree with you and many will disagree - that's life.

[4] I am sure GF does their market research and analysis at regular intervals - I am not familiar with how that works.

[5] There is also an option that shows 100% chance to create an orb, probably at the expense of some of your orb fragments. I do not know how that will work for sure, as I do not have that information yet - we will have to wait and see. As to the game being free to play, I will probably not be able to convince you otherwise and I rest my case. If a player pays to receive some benefits from the game, that is fair enough for me. I do not deem it fair to expect a company to develop a game and host everything that every player wants for free, as free. Where is the fairness in that?

[6] Tanoth is also a Gameforge Product - thus, Gameforge can deploy the orb system in any product of their choice - they cannot steal what they have done in one of their own products. Furthermore, I may be wrong, but I am not aware of any exclusive, proprietary right owned by any company for an orb system.

[7] a) GF is in it, because making great games is in their blood. b) Gameforge wants to make the experience more interesting for their players. c) Minor bugs/glitches are sorted out and fixed. d) GF wants to make money as they have people working for them who have to be paid and they want to make as much profit as possible, which makes sound business sense, or doesn't it?
^^

>So if you have either of these talents, will these double the effect of them?

Personally, I like the challenges these updates pose. However, I have
always stated that the AP regen rate needs to be doubled for ALL
players, I just don't see how it will hurt GF's profit margin.
Not a double-up on the talents, but simply an added bonus that works similar to that provided by the Great Feast, Transparency, Pure Power and Negation Master Talents.

Quoted

Here's an overview:
orb aura works like transparency,
orb song works like the Negation Master,
orb rage works like pure power and
orb life works like the great feast.
Concerning the AP regeneration rate: if nobody needs Energy Elixirs, how will that NOT hurt the profit? :D If you have more suggestions on the AP Regeneration, please feel free to share them here: [Game] AP regeneration
;)

Umm, orb fragments are collected in all the same ways you normally collect gold and xp (man hunts, PvP, missions, story/adventures, and grotto fights) according to the update info there is NO way to use hellstones to get extra fragments. The only way hellstones affect orb creation is allowing you to guarantee production. Since production is normally a 25% event I guess you could say that premium players effectively get 4 times as many fragments as free players. That might seem like a big deal, but keep in mind two things:

1. Orb affects are temporary, even at level 300 they seem limited to 3 days MAX, most are more like 12-24 hours.
2. Many hellstone affects simply are not available to free players: premium items, metamorphosis stone, most potions, more than two missions per day, etc.

If every orb production required the use of hellstones that would be lame, but even then the affect would be limited (very similar to potions). However, EVERYONE gets to use orbs, premium players just get more of them, which is very much in keeping with the current game economy.

The only people who I can see quitting over this is people that were looking for excuse to quit anyway.
I can't say that premium players will be able to gather 4 times more fragments than non-premium players. I don't think that might be accurate, even considering if a player is Shadow-Lord AND he chose to use Energy Elixirs all the time. From my observation, I agree 100% with you that the effect of any orb will be temporary. I honestly cannot fathom why people will want to quit over this - I agree on that part as well. ;)

I see some negative postings about the orbs and asking why that is necessary. Well, actually the idea for orbs come in our forums at first, just the bonuses and ways of getting them is a bit different. Here is what was suggested.
Thanks a lot for the link, buddy. ;)

Xastain thx for your answers..
i guess when those orbs do appear we will be certain on the questions we were not sure (but i just wanted to have a heads up notice.. :) )
one thing i would like to say though is this.
those new orbs should NOT take up space from the inventory.
for all players it is difficult to raise gold for their new weapons so they stock up gear and then by selling it they raise the gold they need.
if orbs do take up space then it will be difficult to stock up gear for reseling
my thought is that those orbs should be limited according to the actual level of domicile.
if one has level 1 domicile then he can have one orb. if one has 8 or higher level domicile he can have 8 orbs.
just domicile level. not inventory open slots.
Edit: One other thing i would like to see changed is the "you will not loose any orb if loosing a battle from a weaker opponent." Personally i think that it would add some element of risk which is a good thing for the game if there would be a chance of loosing an orb when loosing a battle from a weaker opponent
anyway.
i guess we will c
You're welcome, mate. I hear what you are saying about the orbs taking up space in your inventory. For all we know, I have completely misread this and it might be as you say. If it isn't the case, one can always try getting it changed with a suggestion. I also agree with you on the weaker player beating the stronger one. If you beat the bully, why can't you play with his marbles? :evilgrin:

gdevil

Demon

Wednesday, November 9th 2011, 2:54pm

one thing that caught my attention is this
Feature Request:
[Hideout] Crosses got removed from the hideout graphic

i will not agree or disagree with that change. My guess is that this has to do with religius belifs of some players
yet still there is a church (not a mosque, not a budha temple not any other altar) in the city of BiteFight
i might be wrong but in my mind it seems that someone saw a tree and not a forest
:)

Kazantzakis

Slypire

Fade to Black

Date of registration: May 4th 2009

Wednesday, November 9th 2011, 5:04pm

Hmmm, that's an interesting observation gdevil. I also won't agree or disagree with that removing if that for the fact was the reason, dunno and won't go in to it. But I see Church in the city differently, the building itself doesn't have any markings on it to suggest what type of religious temple it is, besides the name Church (and perhaps the Bell tower if I see well), inside it's said that it is a holy place, and has a picture which also doesn't have any distinctive marks, so in that view I think that's been made pretty well. After all it's just a game and such matters should be an object of attention at all :)

In the new change log my attention is caught by the HoP change that protection is removed by leaving, now that's the one good thing.

Regarding the orbs, I'm not very delighted with them but we'll see :D

alaz3r

Damned Soul

Date of registration: Aug 22nd 2010

Thursday, November 10th 2011, 12:26am

one thing that caught my attention is this
Feature Request:
[Hideout] Crosses got removed from the hideout graphic

i will not agree or disagree with that change. My guess is that this has to do with religius belifs of some players
yet still there is a church (not a mosque, not a budha temple not any other altar) in the city of BiteFight
i might be wrong but in my mind it seems that someone saw a tree and not a forest
:)

believe or not yes there was a few complains about the hideout graphic.
and the church called "hospital" in the AE server

In the new change log my attention is caught by the HoP change that protection is removed by leaving, now that's the one good thing.

Slyprie i don't think this will change anything players will keep protecting each other
they can stay protected by staying in HOP, why they wanna leave straight the way?
they can leave after 59 minutes. :crazy:

Xastain

Crazy ™ Dude ®

Thursday, November 10th 2011, 6:14am

It is almost time... /me rubs his hands together in anticipation... :D

• "Berserka" has been banned

Date of registration: Dec 9th 2010

Thursday, November 10th 2011, 12:53pm

I am curious as to what will happen with the orbs.
Hope it keeps the interest going and that some come back.
http://www.entertheunderworld.com/

Thank goodness! Ding Dong the witch is dead! *dances with joy*